I was glad that my wonderful and busy weekend helped make the past few days fly by. On Friday we had Adam Cates, one of my husband's favorite worship artists, come and lead us in a ministry night at our home. We had about 30 people show up for dinner and festivities and it was a great time. My mother-in-law even came up from NY for the night which was really a blessing to have her there to share the experience. We had friends stay over until almost 3am talking and enjoying each others company. It was a great night.
Saturday I dragged myself out of bed to my fertile yoga class which was, as always, refreshing and wonderful. I was so tired from the night before though that when I got home I took a very very long and much needed nap. I think I didn't get up until 4pm. I guess I needed the sleep.
I have still been having more vivid dreams than normal and lately I've been getting a lot of charlie horse cramps in my legs which are no fun. Also on Saturday I had a bunch of hot flashes. Not sure if any of that means anything at all but I hope it means something...
Sunday I went to church and after went raspberry picking with my friend Melissa and then on our way home she showed me her favorite restaurant in New Haven, we had the most amazing lunch! My sister-in-law Nicole came over for dinner and wound up my weekend on a perfect note.
I can't believe just 3 more days until my blood test. I'm freaking out a little (ok - more than a little)! I'm not sure what to do to make the time pass any quicker. But then again, part of me doesn't want that day to come if it means that the test will be negative. As it has been 13 days since the trigger shot I have been thinking more and more about going out to get a HPT but not sure. I have so many conflicting feelings. The only one I am sure of is that I want a baby, my baby. I hope I don't have to wait all that much longer... I know they say good things come to those who wait but I think I've waited long enough.
Also, I've been thinking about the percentages. 17% - that's what the RE says my chance for conception is per cycle with medicated IUI. Just like a "normal" fertile woman. I'm not so crazy about 17% - I know it is better than 0% - 1% which is me with out all this medical intervention but still that's way less than half a shot. Part of me thinks that is crazy, that the percentage should be way higher. I mean come on they are making sure my eggs grow, making sure they ovulate, making sure that sperm are where they need to be to meet the egg and they are making sure that all my hormones are at the appropriate levels. To me that sounds like a better shot than 17%. Part of me thinks that should be pretty near 100%. The only things that are up to chance are if the sperm gets into the egg and if the egg implants. I know that there is nothing I can do about this but all I want to do is to do something about this. To help it happen, to know if it did or not. According to calculations, this weekend should have been when my egg implanted, if it did. Gosh, I hope it did. I have been constantly looking up early pregnancy symptoms ever since my first IUI and recently found that hot flashes can be a sign of implantation. I sure hope that is right and I sure hope that what I felt on Saturday were hot flashes. That would be perfect. I guess I don't have any other symptoms of implantation though. No implantation spotting, no nausea, no breast tenderness. I keep grabbing my boobs to see if it hurts, hoping they will. I guess I am just looking for some sign. I know that I will know in 3 days but the anticipation is killing me...

No comments:
Post a Comment