So I am now officially halfway through my two week wait. All this time I have been thinking there has got to be some way they can figure out if you are pregnant sooner. With all the medical advancements I mean, come on, this is torture! It seems to me, whereas normally weeks go by quickly for me, this week has dragged on and on. Maybe I don't have enough going on. I've tried to stay busy but not so sure how that has worked out for me.
Last night I had a crazy dream. I haven't had many dreams lately, at least that I can remember when I wake up, but this dream, although a little fuzzy, was right in my mind when I woke up this morning. I dreamt that while I was at work I had a baby boy. It was strange because the me at work was different than the me giving birth. I got a phone call at work to tell me that the baby was here and my boss told me to get out of there and go see the baby. I was worried because I wasn't prepared for the baby. I didn't have any gear or clothes or a crib. Then, while I was preparing to leave I found a huge spider whose body was probably the size of a cantaloupe. It was following me and I had to get away from it. I was throwing things at it but it wouldn't go away. I must have gotten away from it because later, when I was with the baby (in the dining room at my childhood home) the spider showed up again and I had to fight it off. That's all I remember really but it was weird. I'm not much of a dream analyst but I would think that the baby boy part of it was a good thing but pretty sure the spider is not so good, especially seeing as I hate spiders.
I have read that vivid dreams are a sign of pregnancy. Lets just leave it at that and hope that is the case. If so, bring on the crazy dreams about abnormally large spiders that are trying to get me and my baby.
I can't wait until next Thursday and have a pretty packed weekend so hopefully the time will fly by. Tomorrow we are having one of my husband's favorite Christian artists come to our home for a worship night which will be tons of fun and preparations for it will keep me occupied today and tomorrow. Saturday I have my fertile yoga class which I have been missing ever since it ended last Saturday and we are dog-sitting for a friend's puppy while she is out of town and then, on Sunday, Shawn's sister Nicole is coming for dinner which will be nice since we haven't seen her in quite a while and she really is one of the nicest people I know. Also, next week my boss comes back from his month long vacation so I'm sure he will keep me busy through the work week.
7 days to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment