Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Clomid

Whoo Hoo! Today is an exciting day for me! I just picked up my first ever prescription of Clomid from the pharmacy. I had my day three bloodwork and ultrasound this morning and the Dr. (my regular Dr. was not in so I saw another Dr. in the practice) gave me my Rx. She said that my ovaries looked quiet which is how they want them to look and that I can start taking the medication tomorrow. Of course I was just so happy that I rushed out of there and straight to the pharmacy and as I waited eagerly for the pharmacist to fill the Rx I realized that I had totally forgot to ask the Dr. how I should take the medication. I emailed my nurse once I got to work and she let me know that since I am prescribed 100mg per day (they come as 50mg pills) I should take them both together every evening. I also read online that you should try and take them at the same time each day. I am usually pretty bad about taking pills, I forget to take them or take them at random times but for this I am contemplating setting an alarm or something. I just want to be as accurate as I can and give myself the best odds. Serious baby making business here. I was happy to see that my Rx was for 100mg because I have read online that many doctors start off at 50mg and that most need at least 100mg to work so I am happy that we are not fooling around with a too low dose. Also my ovidryl (sp) trigger shot has been ordered (they have to order from a specialty fertility mail order pharmacy) and will be coming to my house soon. My next appointment is on Saturday 8/14 and I will bring my shot, have more bloodwork and another ultrasound and hopefully be given my shot and then come back either Monday or Tuesday for my IUI. I can't even stand it how excited I am. It is all beginning to seem real now. For so long my infertility struggles have just seemed unreal, I'm not sure how to describe it but it is even still a little bit like that now. Anyways I am super excited to move on to the next phase in my treatment. Hope everything goes according to plan and I'll be pregnant in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment