Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

IUI Appointment




So today was the big day. I had the first of my two back to back IUIs this morning. I am not sure what I was expecting but the procedure was simple, painless and very quick. It was seriously over before I even knew it had begun.

I woke up this morning at 5:30 to get ready for work and Shawn and I left the house at 6:30 for out 6:45 drop off appointment. We got to the office, filled out some forms and were on our way. Shawn to his big Hebrew grammar teat and me off to get some breakfast and try to kill some time before my 8:15 IUI appointment. There is not much to do between 7 and 8am. If I lived closer I would have gone home and taken a nap. Today was an early day and tomorrow will be too (I’ve been yawning all morning at work).

When I arrived at my 8:15 appointment I went into the exam room, discussed the results of the sperm wash with my Dr. (who said the numbers were a little on the low side but above the benchmark so we were good to go) and on we went. The whole thing probably took less than 10 minutes and the most painful thing was the speculum but that is not new and never any fun. Afterwards I lay on the exam table for 10 minutes and wondered if any of those little swimmers were on their way to finding my tiny little egg. I hope so. After the 10 minutes I got up, very carefully and was on my way to work. They tell you that you can just resume your normal day after an IUI and that sometimes you will have cramping but that is normal. I tried to think about all the people who just have sex, go on their way and wind up pregnant but I couldn’t help myself from trying to be extra careful and to keep myself as leaned back as possible without looking weird.

Tomorrow will be the same thing and hopefully all of this will be worth it and will work. That would truly be an amazing gift. So for now I’ll just have to wait. They say the two week wait can be torture and I am already starting to get that feeling. It is crazy that I could find out if I am pregnant in two weeks! After waiting so long that should seem like a short time but right now the anticipation is killing me. I’d really like to run home right now and pee on a stick even though I know that would be pointless. The Ovidrel shot I gave myself yesterday will show a false positive for up to 14 days after I take it so there is really no point but I wonder if I will give in and take a home pregnancy test before my September 3rd blood test…time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment