Friday, August 13, 2010
Frustrated!
I am beyond frustrated right now. My wonderful husband has been such a trooper with me through all this junk we are going through right now and has complied with all the tests my RE office wants him to have. This has been a little difficult since he goes to a VA Dr. and does not have “normal” insurance so he has had to do his blood tests separately and even had to drive up to Yale to do his SA. Anyways, Shawn has been wonderful especially when my nurse said that one of tests was not done on the first blood draw and he has to go back and do it again. Now, this would be frustrating for most people but Shawn HATES needles and since I met him he has never had his blood drawn, he avoids it at all costs. So not only did he have to go and get his blood drawn once but twice. For a test that was supposed to be done the first time. The problem on the lab sheet was that the reference was shown on the printout but not the value. Now, I am not so good at deciphering these things, they just look like a bunch of codes and numbers to me. But I did see the code for the test that he was supposed to have done. RPR – it is for syphilis, you would think if he had it I would too and they would have seen that on my 100’s of blood draws so what the heck is the point anyways? But whatever… Then I was thinking to myself if the test is listed on the lab he obviously must have had it done or how would the RPR code be there in the first place??? This is the stupidest thing in my opinion but apparently the test is required by law. I am so frustrated right now. I hope they can figure this all out and I hope I don’t go crazy at my nurse before they do.
Labels:
infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment