A quick update on what has been going on the past few days...
Tuesday - I had a NST and a Doppler study ultrasound scheduled at the MFM at the hospital for 2:30. The ultrasound went great and everything with the babies looked wonderful as always. During my NST though, they were taking my blood pressure and it was high. At the end of the appointment they sent me up to labor & delivery because my OB was there and she wanted me to go on monitors for a while. I was honestly thinking I would be there for a couple hours and be sent home. Thankfully they did not give me an IV. After more blood pressure monitoring and a spot check of my urine they decided to keep me and do another 24 hour pee test, in the hospital because of my elevated pressures. I started the test at 7:00 Tuesday night.
Wednesday - All I did was pee in a bucket and have my bp checked and do NSTs all day. The babies drove the nurses crazy because they are little wiggle worms and wouldn't stay on the monitors. Also, I was having contractions, not painful, just tightening and at one point they were about every 5 minutes being picked up by the NST machine. Late Wednesday evening we got the results back from the pee test. 457. Too high. I was told that my doctors would have to discuss everything and come up with a plan. I was still hoping they would let me go home.
Thursday - With blood pressures still high through Wednesday night and into Thursday morning they were not about to let ,e go home, especially seeing as protein was also showing up in my urine. Officially I have pre-eclampsia. One of the OBs came in to tell me that they have scheduled me for a c-section on Monday morning and that I will be in the hospital for monitoring until then. Yay for meeting my babies and at least for making it to 36 weeks and 1 day but a big Boo for having to stay in the hospital... I had more monitoring that afternoon and got to go up and take a tour of the NICU. I saw tiny babies and met some of the nurses up there and got to ask questions and generally see how things work up there. It was a little overwhelming but good overall and there is even a possibility that our babies might not need to go there so we'll just have to wait and see for now. My pressures were super high the restof the evening like 170/100 high. The doctors and nurses were not happy.
Friday (today) - Overnight my pressures went down and have been relatively ok for today, much lower than yesterday. I am however getting really homesick. I miss being at home, I miss my Henry and most of all I miss my husband. It is weird to think that next time I am at home it will be with babies, my life is going to be totally and completely changed come Monday. I kind of wish I had just one more day at home how we were. I have wanted this for so long that I know it is strange to say but I do. I guess because I expected to have some more time at home, but if I should expect anything with this pregnancy I should have known to expect the unexpected and honestly, it's ok, more than ok. Somehow, I am getting everything and more than I ever wanted.

No comments:
Post a Comment