Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

34 Weeks

We had a growth scan yesterday and Molly is measuring 4lb 9oz (up from 3lb 14oz 2 weeks ago) and Max is measuring 5lb 11oz (huge! and up from 4lb 4oz 2 weeks ago). We also found out that Max has hair - you could see it on his little head on the ultrasound :) No pictures though because the little ones were not cooperating...

I had a mini-freak out after the growth scan because I just don't want Molly to be born too small and was worried that Max being so big would push her to be born before she was ready. The doctors don't seem concerned so I am trying to let go of my anxiety about that. I have already made it past 34 weeks which is a great milestone, I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Both babies are still transverse and have been lying head to head on my left side with their feet to my right side.

We also had another NST this morning and all is well with the babies and with me too. My bp was only 130/80 which, for me, is good since my norm has recently been 150/80. Babies have lots of fluid and their heartrates and movements are tracking just as they should. The OB I saw today also said that he will talk with my regular OB about scheduling a c-section date for me. Hopefully I will know more about when exactly that will be at my next appointment on Friday.

I'm getting excited to meet my babies face-to-face. I am just getting more and more ginormous and uncomfortable not to mention exhausted! By the end of the day I am so totally beat and it doesn't help much that sleeping is getting increasingly difficult. I guess it is just my body's way of preparing me to function on little sleep for when the twins finally do arrive.

For some reason I keep avoiding packing my hospital bag; though, with two trips to L&D already under my belt you would think I would have learned my lesson about trying to have my husband pack for me and gotten on that. Maybe I'll work up some extra energy and try to get that done tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment