Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

No Follicles :(

I went for my morning monitoring appointment this morning and when they did the ultrasound they found no mature follicles. I did have one follicle on my right ovary that was at 11 (and lots of other tiny ones - thanks PCOS) but nothing even big enough to be a maybe.

The Dr. suggested that we add some injectible medication to see if that will make my follicles grow sooo for the next three days I get to inject myself with 50 units of Follistim. Here it is:



My nurse gave me a lesson about loading the needles and dialing up the medication. The injections will be similar to the Ovidrel injection that I have taken on the past two cycles as a "trigger". The medication is pre-loaded in the "pen" and I dial up the correct dosage and load a new needle and inject the medication into my stomach.

I am also scheduling my IVF consult with Dr. R during my 2WW. At least it will give me something to do while I wait this time and if this cycle is not successful we will know where we are going.

Right now I am hoping for a Follistim miracle and that on Thursday I will have lots of mature follies. If they are ready I will have IUIs on Friday and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment