Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Follistim Pen

So last night was my first of three nightly injections using the Follistim Pen. I am not going to lie, I was pretty nervous about doing them. Dialing up the correct dosage and putting on the new needle is really no big deal but sticking a needle into my stomach and pushing the plunger is not something I get really excited about.

When I was younger, and, admittedly, up until probably last year, I would cry when I had to get my blood drawn and I would avoid shots as much as I was able to. I have never gotten a flu shot and basically tried to avoid immunizations as much as possible. When I was younger (I feel bad for my mother) I would honestly throw a fit when I had to get any kind of a needle. I have now gotten used to the weekly and sometimes more frequent blood draws but doing it to yourself is a different story I think. So basically what I am trying to say is that I NEVER thought I would be at a place or in a situation where I would be willing or able to give myself an injection. Ahhh how things change.

Giving myself an injection is still not easy (the anxiety before is, i think, the worst) but I have now done it twice, granted they have been tiny needles but still, come on.

At least two more Follistim injections and one Ovidrel injection are in my near future I just hope this cycle works or all these injections will seem like cake if I have to go the IVF route...

No comments:

Post a Comment