Last night was my last dose of Femara. They are such tiny little pills and I have had absolutely no side effects. Looking back on things I think Clomid made me a little extra emotional but other than that no side effects from that either. I just feel normal.
My Ovidrel injection is being delivered today to my sister's office. Since I have made the decision not to share my IF treatment with anyone at my office and since the injection needs to be signed for and refrigerated I had to figure something out. The first time my sister Cori stayed at home and waited all day for my injection to be delivered. The 2nd time and today my other sister Emily signs for and refrigerates my injection at her office. My sisters are just great don't you think?
This is my last IUI cycle covered by insurance. If this does not work we are on to IVF so last night was my last night of taking oral fertility meds. Scary.
My monitoring appointment is scheduled for Monday and hopefully we will do IUIs at some point next week. Last cycle I was ready to trigger my first monitoring appointment but I took longer the first cycle. I am planning on having to wait a little longer this time just from what I have read about using Femara - though I would be pleasantly surprised if we could just do it on Monday. It is so much easier to have the nurse give the injection than to have to do it at home on your own.
From what I have read about Femara it usually takes longer for the follicles to develop and there may be less than if you were on Clomid but I have heard that the quality of the follicles are better.
Here's hoping that sometime next week I have at least one (hoping for two) perfect follicle(s).

great post!!
ReplyDelete