Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm getting bad about updating this blog...

We have had an eventful past few days...

Sunday was my Egg Retrieval and they were able to get 12 eggs. The procedure went quickly and I spent the rest of the day recuperating, napping and decorating gingerbread houses with my sisters. At my appointment on Friday they counted 11 follicles at the right size so hearing that they got 12 eggs was an added bonus!

Yesterday I got a call from my nurse to let me know that of the 12 eggs they retrieved 11 were mature and 7 of those fertilized. This was great news! I also started a slew of medications that day.

Just now got the call from the embryologist at RMA. She told me that my transfer will be tomorrow at 1pm and I also heard back from the acupuncturist that my acupuncture appointment will be at 12 and then again right after the transfer. You have to go to the transfer appointment with an uncomfortably full bladder so I have to drink 1/2 of my allotted water before the acupuncture and the other 1/2 after but before my transfer.

The embryologist said that we have 4 "picture perfect" embryos and 3 good ones and one more that fertilized late and now is at 8 cells so they think it may be abnormal. She said that with how the embryos looked we could transfer one but we are going to stick with two. She also said we will probably have 4 to freeze.

I am super nervous and excited for tomorrow!! This is great news :)

No comments:

Post a Comment