I was so used to getting tons of information and seeing the whole exam on the screen but for the majority of the appointment my OB was looking at the screen and taking measurements and I was just laying there staring at the ceiling, hoping everything was ok with the twins.
When she was finally done taking all the measurements she needed she showed me the screen for a minute and then we talked about how things were. I think next time I am going to ask her if she doesn't mind just thinking aloud as she does the scan since it is what I am used to and it puts me more at ease.
Good news is that both twins are doing great and are measuring on track. The smaller one (which I thought was baby b but they are calling it baby a now) is 3 days behind but she said that she was not concerned about this and she also said that if I had not told her about the SCH (blood clot) and exactly where it was that she may not have even noticed it because it had gotten so small!!
She said that the babies were moving around like crazy and everything looked great - this was the best news I could have gotten and I am so very happy :)
Here are pictures of my little lovies! Baby A (the smaller one is on its side and looks like a tadpole all curled up and Baby B is facing the screen so if you look (very) hard you can see its little eyes, mouth and hands. I think this is my favorite picture so far, just a little bummed because they are just copies of the actual u/s pictures that my OB kept in the file (Boo! - I am so used to RMA giving me all the pics, I never even thought I would have to ask but I guess I know for next time...
Next up is my NT scan which will be at the high risk OB office at the hospital on March 2nd. This will be the longest I've gone without an ultrasound and I usually get antsy and nervous after about 5 days not seeing them so we will see how I hold up for more than 2 weeks :)

No comments:
Post a Comment